Last week we shared changes to our giving strategy and some background to the needs we are hoping to address. Here are some more details about the Oxford Gatehouse:
For more than 30 years though, the Gatehouse has been working tirelessly to support homeless people, and in 2020:
• It made provision for 28,460 meals
• More than 200 people accessed its café pre-pandemic
• Nearly 220 people have accessed the service post-pandemic
• More than 3,000 practical provision items were delivered
• Seventy people accessed this service in 2020
• The equivalent of 12,180 meals were delivered
• This service also delivered 6857 practical items in 2020 to the temporarily housed
• Almost 450 volunteers delivered 25,240 volunteer hours
We are convinced more than ever that as a business we can really help make a difference.
This is especially acute as the days shorten and the temperature drops.
Whilst many look ahead to Christmas with excitement, it is a time of year that presents unique challenges for those without a home.